MOUNT OLIVE TOWNSHIP, NEW JERSEY - The Mount Olive Board of Education has three open spots to fill in the April election.
Do you posses the following qualities:
- The ability to work well with a team and support group decisions, along with an understanding that the board sets a climate for the entire Mount Olive School district
- A desire to work toward a stronger relationship between the district and the public it serves
- A keen eye toward serving the needs of all students, regardless of their abilities and backgrounds
- A professional, poised demeanor and respectful, respectable behavior
- Respect for diverse points of view
- Commitment to the time and energy required each week for meetings, phone calls, conversations, visits to schools, and professional development seminars and workshops
- Knowledge about district policies, guidelines, needs, challenges and strengths
- Read more about 'How to Choose a School Board Candidate: What Every Voter Should Know' »
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Mount Olive Township BOE, stop by the district office at 89 Route 46, Budd Lake, New Jersey and pick up a copy of the 'School Board Candidate Kit'.
Nominating petitions must be filed with the Board Secretary on or before 4:00pm Monday, March 2nd, 2009.